11.23.2008

808's & Heartbreak




My favourite tracks: Heartless, Paranoid (ft. Mr. Hudson), Robocop, See you in my Nightmares (ft. Lil' Wayne)

Kanye West's new album (out tomorrow I think?) is available for illegal download if you want it. And you do. Just be prepared that it's not at all like what you'd expect. Or maybe with Kanye, you could always expect just about... anything? Obviously he's had a lot of fun with it, and like some of us would suggest; he might wanna be trying the world to see if they'd actually buy just about anything he'd sell... (I know I would!) Still, the album isn't just anything. It's simple, it's clean and it's pop music perfect for cold winter days spent under the sheets. Heartbroken or not.

I stand fast with what I've always been saying; he's Mr. Man so he can do whatever he pleases and has every right to be cocky about it. And as always, Kanye posts must be backed up by a Kanye quote:

"I have to live with the music, I have to perform it - so I'll make the music I like. Making music is like decorating a home. When people tell me not to sing, its like saying 'don't sit on that couch in your house...'"




Guess you could say that Kanye spent plenty of hours on his couch making this album...

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Det är riktigt bra hans album! Annorlunda och något nytt, I like!

Anonym sa...

värdelöst album =) att göra något nytt är inte samma sak som att göra något bra. om han skulle göra en jazzodysee på 43 minuter skulle folk fortfarande hajpa det och tycka att det är ett genidrag. men man kan inte klandra honom för att göra det förutsägbara (även om auto-tune effekten borde begravts efeter cher och eiffel 65 anno 98)
puss

Jasmin sa...

JA! EN 43MINUTERS JAZZODYSSÈE AV KANYE WEST! Fan vad det hade varit soft, och nu är jag ärlig! Om Kanye hade PRUTTAT fram beats på sin nästa skiva hade det blivit bra! Vad var det du ville säga med din kommentar Linus? Jag fattar inte? Ba da bi, ba da baa, bada bii badaba, bada bi bada baaa